[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Original]
[MPlayer-users] Re: BUG: crash with -vo sdl and xscreensaverstopper
[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
Götz Waschk wrote:
There are two advantages:
1. the sdl output window always has a window border. If I use the -vo
xv, sometimes I get a borderless window. This could be related to my
window manager, which is sawfish.
2. With -vo sdl, subtitles display on the bottom black bar by default,
no need to use -vf expand as with -vo xv.
That's very interesting. I also have been using sawfish for a long time.
I remember having the borderless windows before, but that was a while
ago and I can't remember which WM that was. Currently, I'm using sawfish
1.3 with Gnome 2.
That does sound nice that the SDL module automatically uses space above
and below the movie. So far, I hadn't had a reason to try something
other than -vo xv, but now I might, since SDL uses Xvideo anyway.
Are you using the GUI normally? I haven't used it for quite a while, but
now I just tried it again; sure enough, there was no window border. It's
probably more a GUI than a vo issue.
- Re: [MPlayer-users] BUG: crash with -vo sdl and xscreensaver stopper, Götz Waschk, 2003/07/02
- Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: BUG: crash with -vo sdl and xscreensaverstopper, Attila Kinali, 2003/07/05
- [MPlayer-users] Re: BUG: crash with -vo sdl and xscreensaverstopper, Jonathan Rogers, 2003/07/05
- Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: BUG: crash with -vo sdl and xscreensaverstopper, Attila Kinali, 2003/07/06
- [MPlayer-users] Re: BUG: crash with -vo sdl and xscreensaverstopper, Jonathan Rogers, 2003/07/06