[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Original]
[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Crop before deinterlacing OK?
Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2005 03:08 schrieb RC:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:08:17 +0200
> Matthias Wieser <mwieser@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Is there any disadvantage in doing crop before deinterlacing?
> Is there any advantage in doing crop before deinterlacing?
Less work for the deinterlacing filter.
> As long as
> you stick to multiples of 4 you should be fine.
For normal PAL and NTSC broadcasts, but not for telecined NTSC movies, am
> Those of us using NTSC need to inverse telecine first
I thought you only need to inverse teleine when capturing NTSC movies.
Normal NTSC TV broadcasts can be deinterlaced with pp=[md|lb...], right?
>, and those
> filters (eg. pullup) really do need to come before croping (or
> anything else).
Mplayer HTML documentation says: "[...]you must crop vertically by
multiples of four or else the inverse-telecine filter will not have
proper data." Which informations included in the TV signal are lost when
cropping? I think DVD has something like a soft-telecine flag but TV?
My questions are related to Kalva, a GUI application for tv capturing.
I can only test PAL, so I need your advice for NTSC countries.
MPlayer-users mailing list
- [MPlayer-users] Crop before deinterlacing OK?, Matthias Wieser, 2005/07/06
- Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Crop before deinterlacing OK?, Rich Felker, 2005/07/08
- Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Crop before deinterlacing OK?, RC, 2005/07/09
- Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Crop before deinterlacing OK?, Rich Felker, 2005/07/11
- Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Crop before deinterlacing OK?, Guillaume POIRIER, 2005/07/18